Thursday, April 6th, 2023 | Article by: Mathilde Hardy
Staying productive when you’re feeling unmotivated.
We all hit that point in our day or week where we feel unmotivated, whether that’s work, home, school, etc. Sometimes it just gets hard and even the simplest of tasks feel tedious. Everyone reaches that point, but it’s how you get over those feelings that matters. Here are 5 ways you can overcome your unproductiveness and finish off your day or week on the right foot!
- Taking breaks. Whether it’s every hour or every 20 minutes, taking breaks is especially important to maintain productivity. What you do during your break is equally important. I always like to get up and stretch, go grab a cup of coffee or tea, take a walk around the block, make a snack, etc. Do something that gets you moving and distracted from the task you’re trying to complete – especially if it’s a tedious one.
- Avoid going on your phone because most of the time you’ll end up staying on your phone longer than you anticipated. The same goes for your computer: if you’re working on a task on your computer, make it a point to leave it for at least 5 minutes when you take a break.
- Prioritizing your tasks. When you have a long list of tasks to complete before the end of your day or week, it’s easy to lose motivation. That’s why prioritizing the most important ones is a good way to make sure you get through your “to-dos.” Try writing down your top 3 most important ones for the day/week and work through them at your own pace. Once you’re done, write down the next 3. Now your focus is on 3 at a time and you don’t feel pressured to get the rest done at the same time.
- Having an ideal work environment. Our surroundings play a larger part in our productivity than we think. I know that when my desk is clean and organized, I feel less frazzled and overwhelmed. But it’s also easy for my desk to get disorganized. That’s why every morning before I start work, I take 5 minutes to get myself situated and organized. It helps me feel less stressed and more productive. Our Mental Clarity and Stress Recovery essential oil wellness formulas are great for adding a unique aroma to your work environment. They help promote productivity and relaxation at any point of the day.
- Asking for help. No person should ever feel like they need to get everything done on their own. Asking for help for whichever task you’re trying to complete is a great idea. Having an extra set of hands should never be unwanted and being able to interact with others is beneficial for finding motivation and productivity.